Thursday, November 01, 2007

What's the big deal?

Ok, so I have been dating this guy for almost four years and have a HUGE issue that keeps weighing on my mind. I haven't told most of my friends for fear of how they might view him. I know they love me and will treat me the same, but I don't know how they would react to knowing this. I know, what is this? Well, I have yet to meet his parents. Yup. Let that one soak in....

It gets worse. They don't even know he has a girlfriend!! Why? Well, I have been given 'reasons' which I deem to be excuses. I have been to his parents house, but of course they were not home! So back to said reasons:

1. I am NOT chinese and he is.
2. His mother doesn't like the idea of girls in general whether they are friends or not
3. His mother ripped his ex gf a new one when they met by accident
4. He doesn't want to put me through any bad experience

To me, all this means is that he doesn't have a pair to stand up to his parents and say, "Hey mom and dad, I have this awesome gf who is not chinese BUT I think if you give her a chance you will see how great she is."

I have too much vested in this and family is too important to me. It makes my mind wonder:
-What's he hiding from them?
-What's he hiding from me?
-Is he ashamed of me?
_Will he lose out on an inheritance should he date and/or marry someone other than a Chinese girl?
-Will his parents disown him should he date and/or marry someone other than a Chinese girl?

.....I just don't understand, what's the big deal?

No comments: